Our support team provides quick, expert advice
Frequently Asked Questions
Just get in touch with our experienced team if you have any questions about setting up your ticket shop, processing payments or anything else.
What costs does using our ticketing software involve?
- For free events, our ticketing software is free.
- For paying events the price per registration is € 0.99/ £ 0.89 per participant plus 5.9 % of the ticket price (2.95 % charge per registration + 2.95 % payment processing charge). You only pay fees, when there are real registrations for your event.
- Option „paper tickets“:
Paper tickets by mail (EU) (per order) € 4.90/ £ 4.20
Options and additional services: There are no postage charges for electronic tickets or registration confirmations. The buyer carries the cost of tickets sent by mail.
- Option „Cancellation“:
Refund all attendees if event is cancelled (per attendee): € 2.50/ £ 2.15
Per order in case of cancellation (initialized by buyer, e.g. chargeback): € 5.00 /£ 4.30
The XING Events service fee cannot be refunded when cancelling a ticket or registration, since the ticket and payment handling service has already been provided
How can I view event statistics and reports?
You can view numerous and detailed reports about your tickets, orders and sales in the "Statistics" section. Some reports have been predefined by XING Events and include all available attendee data. Additionally, you have the option to create your own report and adapt it to suit your needs at any time. All reports can be downloaded as an Excel or CSV file.
How can I sell tickets directly from my own website?
The "Integration" tab in your personal area contains an HTML code that you can use to integrate the ticket shop into your own website by using an iframe.
The corresponding module can also be activated for automatic height adjustment and use of custom colours.
Can other people or employees edit my event?
- The "Permissions" menu item in your personal area lets you add more users, who will then have access to the event at XING Events. Two different user types can be added: Administrators and EasyEntry users.
- The administrator is a user with editing rights for numerous event settings. Unlike the organiser, the administrator has no access to invoices and monthly reports, is unable to edit payment data and cannot link the account to his/her own XING account.
- If you assign someone as an "EasyEntry User", they will only have access to attendee data in the desktop version of our "EasyEntry" entry management software.
- All users need is a XING Events account.
How can I sell additional products through XING Events?
To create an additional product, please select the menu item "Additional Products" under "Settings" in your event and click on the button "Create New Product".
You can use our "Additional Products" feature to offer your participants additional products and services on the event's website. This enables you to sell items such as merchandise, books and DVDs or offer a shuttle service, lunch and other event-related services.
The donations functions let you collect donations from your subscribers for charitable purposes prior to the event.
How do I cancel an order, the ticket from an order or a proposed event?
- As the organiser, you can cancel an entire order in the attendee list for the event. During the cancellation process, you can select who will pay the processing fees — the ticket purchaser or the organiser.
- You can refund the entire invoice amount or set a cancellation fee as either a percentage or fixed amount in EUR. For partial cancellations, e.g. two of four tickets, please send an e-mail to support(at)xing-events.com.
- Both full and partial cancellations are subject to a cancellation fee of EUR 5 plus VAT (if applicable) in addition to the ticketing fees. However, as the organiser you can choose to pay this fee yourself or pass it on to the ticket purchaser.
- If you want to cancel an event, e.g. due to adverse weather conditions, please let us know directly by sending an e-mail to events(at)xing-events.com. We will then send you a cancellation order, which should be signed and returned to us so that we can cancel the event. Please note that a cancellation fee of EUR 2.50 plus VAT (if applicable) per order will be added to the ticketing fees.
How do I enter the applicable VAT rate for the event?
You can set the rate of VAT under the "Payment Processing" menu item in your event. XING Events manages attendee registration and payment processing for the event on your behalf. As the organiser, although you use our platform for the automated generation and delivery of invoices for attendees, you remain the invoice issuer and contractual partner throughout the ticket purchasing process. You choose whether it is a private or commercial event. Our system helps you avoid making any mistakes in the settings. For example, the software automatically displays the tax rates that are applicable in each country. For private events, the system informs you directly about the legal situation when selecting the country. It's important to set the correct VAT rate before the event goes live, because you can no longer change these settings after the first ticket is sold.
When will my revenues be paid and when will I receive my final invoice?
Payment of revenues always takes place within 2 weeks of the event. You will receive your final invoice at the beginning of the month after the end of the event.
How do I link my XING Events account to my XING account or a group/company profile?
- In the "XING Event Website" section you can link your XING Events account to your XING profile via the "Connect to XING Profile" button. This will give you administration rights for your event on XING and allow you to adjust additional event settings there.
- A XING account can only be linked to a XING Events account.
- If you also want to assign a company profile or group to your event, click the menu item "Edit Event" in your event on XING. In response to the question "Who should be displayed as an organiser?" you can select the company profile or group provided you’re the editor or co-editor of the company profile or group.
How do I get my event from XING Events onto XING?
When you post your event it is automatically published on the XING platform together with an integrated ticket shop. You can choose who can see this page in the "XING Event Website" section:
- If the "Post event on XING" option is activated, the event is visible to everyone.
- If the above option is not activated, only registered attendees can see the event and access their attendee section on XING.
How can I attract more attendees to my event?
- By using promotional codes you can offer discounted tickets to specific groups of attendees. When creating the discount code you can choose between a discount as a percentage or in EUR, either per ticket or per purchase. Additionally, you can make certain categories only visible with a promotion code.
- XING Events also gives you the opportunity to generate more attendees with low advertising costs through viral marketing.
- If the "Viral Marketing" option is activated, attendees will receive a link in their confirmation e-mail after purchasing tickets, which they can pass on to friends and colleagues. For each new attendee recruited in this way, the organiser can assign a percentage bonus to the recommender. The new attendee also receives a friendship discount from the organiser as a percentage or fixed discount per ticket. The organiser can determine how many participants each attendee may recruit, the duration of the viral marketing period, and which categories qualify for viral tickets. Payments to the respective attendees are made via XING Events within two weeks of the event.
- If required, you also have the opportunity to sell tickets via Facebook. The ticket shop can be integrated into your Facebook page as an app — detailed instructions are available under "Facebook" in the "Promote Event" area.
- There are several ways to promote your event on XING:
- You can book "Event Plus" for your event. This gives you increased reach by addressing specific target groups among 16 million potential participants.
- You can create an ad on XING to place your event within your chosen target group. A banner on the XING Event Market can also be booked.
How do I cancel my "Event Plus" on XING?
You can set the duration for "Event Plus" down to the exact day. To do this, go to the "Events" menu item for your event on XING. Under the "Event Plus: Overview" menu item in the right-hand editing toolbar, you will see an option to change the duration. If you do not set a duration, "Event Plus" will end automatically on the day after the event.
Questions? We're ready to assist you.
0800 264 26 36
0800 93 00 56
0800 00 18 82
From United Kingdom:0800 612 15 22
0800 94 05 19
900 800 725
+49 8955 273 58 13
English, German, French and Spanish language support
Monday - Friday: 9 am – 6 pm CET