What is it?
A fun pilot proficiency derby with BIG prizes including iPad to the overall winner.
• Optional morning FAAST seminars to get you Basic Level WINGS credit and save on your insurance.
• 1-3 hours flying—A round robin from S50 (Auburn)
o Puzzles, plotting and pilotage- 10 checkpoints.
o Estimate time enroute and fuel burn for 150-200 NM course.
o Spot landing contest
• Dinner by New York Catering included.
• Proceeds benefit Green River Chapter aviation scholarship fund.
• Supported by generous local sponsors.
July 28, 2012. Save the date!
• Classroom 10:00-12:15 for optional WINGS seminars. (Register at http://www.faasafety.gov/)
• 12:00 Lunch on your own (Food available on site.)
• Mandatory briefing 13:00.
• A clues sheet will be distributed at 13:30
• 1st Aircraft launch 14:00.
• Last landing 17:15
• Dinner and awards 18:00
What is required?
• Current medical, BFR, and SEA Sectional and TAC.
• Aircraft in good condition with annual inspection and insurance (e.g., FAR compliant)
• Fuel topped off at start (or accurately measured by the pilot.)
• $40 per aircraft entry fee, additional crew $20.
What is recommended? (you should carry these anyway.)
• 1st aid kit.
• Survival kit
• Fire extinguisher.
• E6B (or calculator.)
• Optional WINGS Basic Phase can be completed in one sitting! This is a bargain!
• A safe, fun chance to improve proficiency of your basic pilotage skills, ending with a spot landing in front of everybody.
• Big Prizes (iPad,BFR, and oil changes for auto and A/C) and trophies.
Who can play?
Any pilot, including sport or student. Available space on the airport limits this to the first 30 A/C.
How to Participate:
Plan a 200nm (TBD) round robin flight from Auburn (S50) and carefully estimate your fuel burn and enroute time. You will be given route instructions (clues) 30 minutes prior to launch to solve the navigation clues. Along with the clues will be some fun, navigation-related questions which can earn extra points. A spot landing will work up your appetite for the dinner.
$40 for pilot and A/C, $20 for co-pilot and each pax. All profits go to Aviation Scholarship Fund.
Call 360-825-6777 or email email@example.com