An IDA talk by Megan Knight
A Crisis in Numbers: data visualisations in the coverage of the 2015 European refugee crisis.
Megan Knight is an academic at the University of Hertfordshire, with a background in Journalism and Social Media. After a career in journalism which took her from Canada to South Africa, and saw her covering everything from wars to bake sales, she took up a teaching post at Rhodes University which started her academic path.
She teaches journalism and media practice, and her research focuses on the impact of new technologies on journalism and media practices. She is the author (with Clare Cook) of Social Media for Journalists: Principles and Practice. Her work can be seen at http://meganknight.org/ and athttp://uclan.academia.edu/MeganKnight
You can book a ticket just for this event or become an Information Design Association member for 2015, which gives you entry to this and other IDA evening events throughout the year.
- Attendance at all our evening events for the rest of 2015
- 20% discount on IDA conferences
- Discounts at IDA sponsored events (most recently Vision Plus 2015)
- A €20 discount on subscription to Information Design Journal
- Concession (including Students in full time education, People not in paid work, Overseas members)
- Corporate (up to three people get member benefits)